Since 2022, Rikard has been globally responsible for digital product security at SKF and involved in their digital products. SKF has together with their legal experts looked closer at the proposed legislation.
Short about Cyber Resilience Act
The Cyber Resilience Act is a proposal from the EU with the aim to ensure more secure hardware and software products throughout its life cycle. It will allow users to take cybersecurity into account when selecting and using products with digital elements.
Key implications for companies developing Software/digital products:
- Prioritize product security
- Establish roles and process for reporting of vulnerabilities
- Secure by design/security needs to be integrated and documented
- Security of services or solutions from suppliers needs to be managed
- Need efficient and scalable ways to do vulnerability scanning.