Software Technology Exchange Workshop, STEW
The conference Software Technology Exchange Workshop, STEW, is a yearly conference, organized since 2012 by Swedsoft to create exchange between industry, academia and public sector within software development.
STEW is a national conference, moving around each year between different cities in Sweden. What makes STEW special is the focus on networking and discussions, not only with the speakers but also between the participants.
How is STEW different from other software conferences?
From the start, the focus has been on creating exchange between academia, industry and the public sector. Therefore, we focus on two main areas; networking and knowledge exchange.
- We enable and encourage dialogue around the tables
- We limit the number of participants so that it is not just groups that know each other who talks with each other
- We have fixed seating
- A dinner is held on the evening of day one, where our goal is that you should get to know someone new
- There are many breaks when it is possible to network
- Among the speakers there are representatives from different parts of society
- We have a large working group that selects speakers who can contribute with their different perspectives
- We invite anyone interested to submit suggestions on what they can present in an area
- We enable dialogue about the presentations where speakers can ask questions and discuss with the audience, audience with the speakers and participants with the rest of the audience.
STEW is since 2012 arranged by Swedsoft. Since we started preparing for the 2019 conference we invited members to become co-hosts.
Co-hosts 2020 are Högskolan i Halmstad, AB Volvo, Teknikföretagen, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola, Informator, Linnéuniversitetet, Malmö Universitet, Saab, Scania, Business Region Göteborg and Addalot.